JPLA_Consultants, LLC is incorporated in Delaware (USA) and its main office is in Centre City Philadelphia. Founded in 2010, by Jean-Paul Louisot its managing partner, and Christophe Girardet, partner, it follows in the footsteps of CARM_Institute, a French institution funded in 2003 that certified over 2000 risk-managers all over French speaking Countries.
JPLA_Consultants is servicing all organisations, public and private, to assist them in their efforts to develop and implement ERM (Enterprise-wide Risk-Management) within the framework of an efficient governance. The services include coaching and training to develop competencies and enhance the talents of all those involved in managing risk in organisations.
Professor Jean-Paul A. LOUISOT, ARM, FIRM, holds PhD in Management Sciences (Université PARIS 1 Panthéon Sorbonne – 2014), a mining engineer degree, a Master in Economics and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management. He has worked in risk management for over forty years, as a broker, an underwriter and a risk-manager.
Since 1993, his activity is focused on teaching and coaching post graduate students and risk management professionals, while still acting as a part-time risk manager.
As curriculum director for CARM_Institute, Ltd, he supervises the ERMP (Enterprise-wide Risk Management Practitioner) and EFARM (European Fellow in Applied Risk Management) programs. After nine years at Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne University, he now teaches postgraduate courses in Risk Management at the Institut Catholique de Lille. He is a frequent speaker in professional conferences in Europe, in Australia, and in the USA. He is currently developing the material for the European designation, Rimap, promoted by FERMA.
He has published a number of articles and studies on risk management and developed the ERM course for The Institutes (Malvern Pa, USA). His publications include :
- An International Comparison of Financial Consumer – Edited by Tsai-Jyh Chen – Springer Nature Singapore PTE – Chapter 6 – French Market – p 165/200
- Regards croisés sur la gestion des risques en entreprise – édité par Jean-David Dars et Nicolas Dufour – Chapitre 2 – De l’achat d’assurance à l’ERM : importance de la gestion de la réputation – GERESO (p. 29-53) Editions Le Mans, 2016
- ERM & Stratégie selon la norme ISO 31000 – AFNOR, Paris 2016
- Enterprise Risk Management : Issues & Cases – Edited by Jean-Paul Louisot & Christopher Ketcham – Wiley & Son 2014
- Risques & Catastrophes Urbains : la réponse des politiques publiques – contribution : Vers une nécessaire résilience – Colonel Jean-Claude Gallet(BSPP) / Jean-Paul Louisot(Paris 1) – Editions Lavoisier Juillet 2010
- Reputation Capital – Edited by Joachim Klewes et Robert Wreschniok Springer PLEON November 2009 – Trois études “ Managing reputational risk – A cindynic approach”; “ Managing reputational risk – Case studies”; “ Managing reputational risk – From theory to practice” pp 115/178.
- Enterprise-wide Risk Management : developing and Implementing – Edited by Jean-Paul Louisot & Christopher Ketcham – IIA Malvern September 2009
- Risk Quantification avec Laurent Condamin et Patrick Naïm (WILEY – December 2006)
- La gestion des risques – Collection 100 questions (AFNOR 2005- second edition in 2014)
- Le Diagnostic des risques avec Sophie Gautier Gaillard (AFNOR 2004 – second edition in 2014) – mention spéciale au Prix Qualité Performance 2005.